Volunteer in Thailand
Teach English in Thailand in the stunning Andaman coast region. This provides an unrivalled opportunity to work alongside local people away from the beaten tourist trail yet whilst enjoying your free time as if on holiday. No experience is required, just an enthusiasm to get stuck in and give teaching a go!
- Teaching English to Thai children in a school
- Making a difference in deprived communities
- Experiencing the hospitality and culture of Thai people
- Discovering exotic wildlife and historic Thai temples
- Learning about life in Thailand as a local, not a tourist
Placement at a Glance
In addition volunteers pay £13.50 per week for midweek hotel accommodation near school placement. At the weekends volunteers stay together in guesthouses in Khao Lak (or Phuket as preferred) and are paid locally on pay-as-you-go basis, allow approx £15 per week. This allows greater flexibility in your freetime.
Images from Thailand
For an amazing experience call us on 01603 280702
Thailand placement map
Click to expand
Book now on 01603 280702 and contact people travelling to the same project!
Volunteer work in Thailand offers exciting and variety of experiences in stunning locations just north of Phuket, along the Andaman coast. English speaking coordinators will arrange a school placement for you, help prepare you to get the most out of your teaching experience and be in regular contact and of assistance throughout your teaching placement.
Voluntary work in Thailand focuses on English teaching but as the school can often be the focal point of a community you could also find yourself helping at sports days, presenting awards at school ceremonies or even helping on school trips.
Teaching in Thailand is a very rewarding experience. You will join an established organisation which will coach you in its easy but successful method of teaching 'spoken English'. You will prepare classes with the Head of English and travel with others to schools to give lessons in schools that really appreciate you. All lessons follow the national curriculum so you will be confident in the knowledge that your contribution is needed and is making a difference.
Teaching English in Thailand is an exciting opportunity to discover a new culture, and take part in a life changing experience that you will never forget. The hugs the children give you will show that! A certificate to reflect your contribution is provided to volunteers who stay for at least two full weeks of volunteering. References are available for long-term volunteers.
After volunteering in Thailand, experience the hospitality and magical tropical beauty from the temples and grottoes to the idyllic islands of the south.
Why Choose this placement?
- You can make a difference in a place where English speakers are valued
- It's a great way to try out teaching English and gain valuable classroom experience
- You'll earn a certificate for volunteering for at least two weeks
- The project is great preparation for travel around the region
- You'll develop skills and experience from being out of your comfort zone