Volunteer in India School Project
Volunteer in India at this rural infant/primary school and experience a slower pace of life far from the beaten tourist trail where villagers still draw water from the well and everyone knows one another. Here you can wear traditional Indian clothes and practise speaking Tamil from your phrasebook without feeling embarrassed. No one needs any experience to be successful, simply spend time amongst the children guiding and helping them to read and write in informal small groups or one to one. As you can see in the photo, no formal teaching is needed unless of course you would like to take over a whole class for yourself!
- Working with disadvantaged children in rural India
- Meeting local families and understand Indian communities
- Getting a real experience of India and its culture
- Visiting amazing towns and cities like Chennai and Pondichery in your free time
- Discovering the beautiful Indian coastline and beaches
Placement at a Glance
6am - midnight £40
midnight - 6am £60
Images from India
For an amazing experience call us on 01603 280702
India placement map
Click to expand
Book now on 01603 280702 and contact people travelling to the same project!
Volunteer in India by getting involved in teaching and assisting at a nursery/primary school and organising activities in the local community out of school hours.
At this project in India volunteers stay together in pairs and small groups and share the experience and activities together supported by the school teachers and the school's director. Bring lots of enthusiasm and a can-do attitude!
And when not busy with the children, the spectacular Indian coastline is reachable for a long weekend break away from the week's activities.
The beaches on the southern coast of India are spectacular for relaxing or visit Chennai (formerly known as the spice city of Madras) and Pondichery (relaxed French styled colonial town complete with street cafes and continental bistros).
For anyone also thinking about extended travel in India after their volunteering, this school experience will provide great preparation.
Why Choose this Placement?
- You'll get to work with disadvantaged children and make a difference
- Opportunities to visit a residential home for women with learning difficulties
- You'll gain an insight into a rural and culturally rich area of the world
- The project is flexible and variable with no set schedules or timetables
- No specific experience is required, just enthusiasm and plenty of energy
- Your time on the placement will develop your skills and experience